My 5 Productivity Tips
- Tip#1 – Keep your focus small: When you have S.M.A.R.T goals set, then take a deeper dive and create milestones. Pick no more than 3 milestones from your list to focus on at any one time. If you try to tackle too many things at the same time, you might not complete any of them. You will have to prioritize.
- Tip#2 – Commit to recurring daily tasks: Identify 1 or 2 recurring tasks relating to your goals and make them part of your daily routine. Do not be overly ambitious. Keep them simple and realistic. These tasks should be your baseline tasks that you MUST try to do no matter what. Any other task will be secondary to these with a few exceptions.
- Tip#3 – Continuous Improvement: As you master your recurring tasks and stay consistent you can start growing them into bigger tasks. So for example, if your recurring task was to do a basic fitness training for half an hour each morning, you can slowly move to the advanced training within that same timeframe etc.
- Tip#4 – Use a daily task checklist: Your recurring tasks are your baseline and there will be other tasks that come up that you have to track. So keep a daily checklist to keep you focused.
- Tip#5 – Don’t throw in the towel: Focus on consistently delivering on the recurring tasks you have picked. As long as they inch you closer to your goal, you will sooner than later find yourself at your goal post. Push yourself and read your goals out loud to remind yourself of why you need to do those tasks especially when they become inconvenient.